Guy Kawasaki has an amazingly insightful blog post out today about all the things that he wishes he’d learned in college, but that he didn’t master until his first year of working in the real world. I found every item on this list to be something I’ve directly addressed in my daily life at Powered. The annotated list:
1. How to talk to your boss.
2. How to survive a meeting that’s poorly run.
3. How to run a meeting.
4. How to figure out anything on your own.
5. How to negotiate.
6. How to have a conversation.
7. How to explain something in thirty seconds.
8. How to write a one-page report.
9. How to write a five-sentence email.
10. How to get along with co-workers.
11. How to use PowerPoint.
12. How to leave a voicemail.